BotB rResults & Music Monday for 02.10.2020

First off, the BotB results should have been posted on the 8th, but I forgot that that fell on a Saturday that I was out of town. And is’t really even somewhat of a miracle that this even got posted at all. I stepped into the shower at about 10pm, after my four hour trip home, and promptly managed to get some of the fancy tea tree oil shampoo my sweet Mama gifted me into my eyes. I spoke in tongues. I saw undiscovered colors. My eyes have never felt so fresh or clean! Unfortunately, it didn’t clear up my vision. And the shower happened after Ari lost his mind after being let out of his kennel.

I’m now 1-1 for battles My first battle back I would consider a success, with the winner only winning by one vote. This most recent one? Not so much. I put covers of Rod Stewart’s “Da Ya Think I’m Sexy?” by Vanilla Fudge and Revolting Cocks against one another, and if not for ONLY ONE VOTE, this winner would have won by a shutout.

VANILLA FUDGE stomped the living hell out of RevCo, and then used them to clean up the mess they left on the floor. I kind of figured Vanilla Fudge would win, and while I really like their version, I LOVED RevCo’s. It’s one of my favorite cover songs. I also learned two other things:

1. Many of you did not like this song to begin with, and…
  2. Many, if not all of you, do NOT think Rod Stewart is sexy. I didn’t ask, but this is till good info to know, yes?

As an interesting aside to this whole battle, Carmine Appice (Vanilla Fudge’s drummer) also worked for Rod Stewart’s band and co-wrote this song.

Now…onto Music Monday.

It’s freebie week over at Monday’s Music Moves Me, so in honor of a newly reunited and touring (September 20 in Atlanta – I plan on being there!) My Chemical Romance, here they are with “Helena”

Who are YOU looking forward to seeing on tour this year?

Be sure to head over to Dolly’s to see which music everyone else is listening to this week, and maybe even play along yourself!

I voted for Vanilla Fudge. I like the song, “If You Think I’m Sexy” even if most of the time the artists aren’t all that sexy. lol I like Rod’s voice and I say without reservation I do not want his body. lol Yeah, yeah I know you didn’t ask but I’m telling you anyhow, girlfriend. 😀 I’m just being silly this morning. After three cups of coffee it’s okay to act crazy, right? My Chemical Romance isn’t a group I’d have playing in the background but it’s interesting to sample their stuff when others share it. Thanks for hitting the 4M dance floor, my dear. Have a boogietastic week! 😉

Ooh, I like sassy Cathy! I get it when a band or musical style is just totally not your thing I have discovered a lot of music just from checking out people’s selections on 4M.

I will add your vote to their pile! But this is just a results post and MCR was my Monday’s Music Moves Me selection; I didn’t throw them into the fray – yet.

2. Mary B says:

Numbers, Lady! I need numbers! I hate to fill in the results of battles on the BOTB Master list (you can find the link on my page) with question marks and only highlighting the winner. Including numbers gives us more details.

Battles are always on the 1st and 15th of the month, then the results are posted a week later in a different post.

MCR are one of those bands that I find people either really like, or really don’t. They are phenomenal in concert, and of course I like them a lot, but one thing about them is that their songs don’t all sound alike. They do have a particular sound, but their songs don’t sound the same to me like some bands’ do.

3. XmasDolly says:

Well, that was different to say the least. Personally I don’t do battles because I like all kinds of music from one degree to another. It heals the soul to say the least. Have a rockin’ day my friend and thanks for joining us.

I see what you mean about the battles. I generally pit two covers that I really like against one another, so I’m always sad for the loser, since both were covers I liked. Usually. You are so right, though Music DOES heal the soul, and we all need that, at least from time to time!

4. Stephen T. McCarthy says:

>>… Who are YOU looking forward to seeing on tour this year?

I’m looking forward to seeing Rod Stewart’s sexy dog, Rex. I hear “she’s” become an amazing barker ever since “she” changed “herself” to a Roxanne.

>>… VANILLA FUDGE stomped the living hell out of RevCo, and then used them to clean up the mess they left on the floor.

OK, that was a pretty terrific line!! Did you actually make that up, or borrow it from someone? (I’m jealous that I didn’t think of that my own damn-self!)

~ D-FensDogG
    STMcC Presents BATTLE OF THE BANDS

5. Where I live, not too many bands end up playing, but I understand They Might Be Giants may be playing here in May. We’ll see. I’m not big into large indoor concerts. As for My Chemical Romance, finally got to hear them (OK, I could have heard them anytime on You Tube, just is more fun this way). I think I could get into them.