Complete. And Utter. Frustration.

I should have just stayed in bed.

One of the prompts at Mama Kat’s Pretty Much World Famous Writer’s Workshop this week was “Write a post that starts and ends with “I should have stayed in bed.”” And hasn’t that been the story of my life this summer? Seriously. Just wake me up when September ends! Oh…it has?

To be honest, the summer was wonderful, but also so busy and stressful and frustrating, then I reached a point where things were going pretty smoothly again and life was good. And then last week happened. Last week was day after day of weird and minor annoyances that I ignored at first, because worrying is like praying for things you don’t want and all. But I soon became overwhelmed, and now it has spilled into this week with a pretty serious issue regarding my blog.

I CAN NO LONGER LINK UP WITH MR. LINKY, Y’ALL!! I can get a link to go through on the ones that just use links, but I can’t link up like I should with the ones that use thumbnails. I first noticed this issue I think either last week or the week before. Mr. Linky can’t pull from the web because my blog is somehow blocking that, and I don’t know what it is to change it. I can’t upload from my computer, because I get an error when I try to do that as well. After getting Cathy‘s help and eventually getting Brent from Linky Tools involved, I am still unable to upload thumbnails, BUT! I have discovered I can link up on my phone (unless something has changed, and it may well have by now). So for the time being, I will be making my posts, linking up on my phone for as long as I can, and saving for another new-to-me Macbook.

I am afraid the issue might actually be my computer. For now, the only issue is with Linky Tools. But you know how it is with computers. Once they’re dying, they just keep getting worse. Currently, I can still upload to social media and my blog. But at ten years old, this Macbook may just be on its way out. We had a great run together; I only paid $250 for it, and I got more stress-free use from it for a few years than I have from my $400-$600 Windows laptops that lasted about the same time, or less.

I am calm, but exhausted from the irritations of the past few weeks. Now here I am today, struggling to get out the door. I should have stayed in bed.

Featured image courtesy JerzyGorecki on Pixabay

I think you’re right. Here’s hoping you manage to replace your computer before it bites the dust completely.

One thing you might want to try is using another browser, especially if you’re currently using Safari. Speaking of which, are you at the latest release of Mac OS?

According to the info in my “About this Mac”, there are no updates available for it currently. So I guess I am running the latest I can have. I do know that my computer is running El Capitan, so I don’t know if that’s a version that doesn’t update anymore or not. It’s a shame.

As for another browser, I downloaded Firefox, but couldn’t figure out how to install it.

Oh, it definitely is. I just can’t understand how it suddenly started happening. But maybe with a more recent update of the computer did that. The blog is an issue, too, and I assume I can fix that once I find it. I am already pricing computers, though. That time will be here before I know it.

2. Oh good luck with the computer. You’ll be so much happier with a new machine. I know it’s so expensive but that’s what credit cards are for, in my opinion—things you really need that you might not have cash handy for. Love your blog bio: pluviophile! Just remember when you finally do visit Seattle, it’s the cloudiest, not the rainiest, city in the 48 states.

Thank you! I never knew it was only the cloudiest, but not rainiest city. But cloudy is good, too, as my eyes are beyond sensitive to the sun!

Unfortunately, if I go for a Mac, I’ll have to do used again, so I can get one for about half the cost. But I figure a newer one will still get me many more years if this ten year old one is still mostly going strong. I only have two issues with it; the Linky thing brought one to light, and then there’s another that I didn’t blog about. But it hasn’t caused any problems or anything yet. I’m still looking for another, though. I sure do dread moving everything over to another machine, though. (I refuse to pay for cloud service from Apple, and haven’t looked into it anywhere else.

Thank you for stopping by!

3. Kat says:

Well whatever you did worked, I was able to click on your link from my link up! I’m with you about staying in bed though, sometimes ignoring the problems and snuggling in for the day is better than dealing with the chaos!

I linked up on my phone. It isn’t much trouble to do that for the time being, but like I said, I’m just worried this might be the start of my computer dying. But hopefully not!