(NaBloPoMo Day 19)
First off, it’s Thanksgiving here in the States, so Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating! I am so thankful for family, friends, and to have all of you in my life in some small way or other. In big ways, too!
I was going to attempt to do brunch earlier this morning, but after what has already a massive work week (for me), I was heading home and was hit from behind while stopped at a red light. To add another thing to my huge “so very thankful for” list is that the only damage done was to my rear plastic bumper. It’s scuffed a bit, but I think I can get most of that off. Unfortunately, her car’s metal emblem did remove some paint, but again…that sounds like something I can do myself once I’ve had a chance to get some touchup paint. I am so thankful there was no real damage, and that no one was hurt. However, all this excitement exhausted me, so I slept in this morning. Like, WAY in. And now I’m having to scale brunch back quite a bit.
Meanwhile, Mama Kat’s Pretty Much World Famous Writer’s Workshop isn’t taking the holiday off, and I am happy about that! The prompt I chose was “Five Things. List 5 things we don’t know about you, 5 things you’re knowledgeable about, 5 things you know nothing about, and 5 things you believe.”
This is something I usually try to do on Fridays anyway (Five For Friday), so it worked out perfect.
Five Things You (probably) Don’t Know About Me:
- I was wearing seatbelts before it was the law.
- I eat my sandwiches in a circle – eating ALL the crust, then I just keep spinning it.
- As a young adult, I lived in the Mojave Desert for a few years.
- I secretly wish I was a great cook and homemaker.
- I know I’m in the minority here, but I’m really not mad that Robert Pattinson is the new Batman.
Five Things I’m (pretty) Knowledgeable About:
- Vintage dishes, barware and housewares.
- Music (that I’m interested in).
- Driving a stick shift.
- Natural housecleaning.
- DIY/MIY skin care.
Vintage Martini set.
Five Things I Know Nothing About:
- Computer programming.
- Flying a plane.
- Electrical work.
- Rocket Science.
- Brand-building. I have tried and failed many times, but I’m still learning!
Five Things I Believe:
- The power of positive thinking/law of attraction is an incredible thing.
- A higher power exists.
- An afterlife of some sort also exists.
- You should always do your best at anything you attempt.
- The Golden Rule is a pretty good one to live by.
This was harder than it looked! Now? I have to go cook brunch. I’m starving, and there’s nothing to just eat in the meantime.
Featured image is my own sad Mimosa (and by “sad Mimosa”, I mean 100% orange juice, as I couldn’t get the champagne open to make mimosas!), but it’s in a gorgeous vintage Berwick cocktail glass. How about that?