Music Monday for 11.18.2019

(NaBloPoMo Day 11)

It’s a freebie week once again over at Monday’s Music Moves Me. My selection is the latest from Badflower. If you’re a fan of hard rock, you should be paying attention to them if you aren’t already.

Badflower – “The Jester”

They’ll be in Birmingham in January, and I think I’d like to go.

What new-ish (past five years or so) bands/artists are YOU a huge fan of?

Featured image courtesy of ponce_photography on Pixabay

I can’t say I’m a huge fan of any of the newer artists but I enjoy listening to their stuff when it crosses my ears. Badflower has a nice sound. I might have to check out more of their mewsic on YT or just wait for more shares by you. 😀 Thanks for joining the 4M crew on the dance floor, my friend. Have a boogietastic week!

Let me know what you think if you get a chance! They have a few other songs out as well, but some have pretty heavy subject matter. You have a great week, too, and thank you for stopping by!

The song was okay, but I liked the video. I haven’t listened to what they call “pop” or “rock” since the end of last century, but there are a lot of “new to me” artists I enjoy.

I think the video was fantastic! I find myself liking a lot of “new to me” artists these days as well. I have a newfound appreciation for many bands, artists, and music types that I didn’t like in my younger years.

3. This is the first Badflower song I’ve liked (“Ghost”, in particular, was well written and well sung but the subject matter creeped me out – my husband has had a couple of relatives commit suicide). This one I can enjoy a bit more. I didn’t expect the video to be what it was and I loved the ending.

That video kind of breaks my heart. But it was a good one, for sure. I agree, “Ghost” is bleak, but very well-written. I’m sorry to hear that your husband’s family has had such personal experience with suicide.

4. Marie Moody says:

I must say your song put a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye. That was a great song. I never heard it before, but I’m so glad you posted it. It made me truly think… and I think I’ll call my son & see how he’s doin’! Thanks girlfriend. hugs

hugs I sure didn’t mean to be a downer or put a lump in your throat. The video gets me, too, even though it seems like it might have ended on a happy note. I’d like to think those two struck up a friendship and that life got better.