(Edit: I didn’t put this up after the first day of my quarantine, so it’s going up now.)
April 1, 2020
I am so thankful to be able to take part in my employer’s paid Coronavirus Vulnerable LOA (due to Asthma). I went in to work this morning to make sure that EVERYTHING was done on my end to facilitate this leave, so I wasn’t there very long. I came home exhausted, and slept most of the day away. I knew I was worried and exhausted, but had no idea just how much. This leave started right on time, because we all know how much stress and exhaustion lower the immune system’s ability to fight off illness. I’m afraid it wouldn’t have been long before I managed to catch Covid-19, or at least gotten very sick otherwise.
My Mom and I are holding each other accountable for daily quarantine cleaning projects via text, since we can’t visit. She’s been accomplishing things; I’m still stuck on my day 1 project, which was to clean off my dining room table. (are you even surprised?) I have been doing non-stop laundry and dishes as needed, but that’s it.
I’ve been using social media to praise those, celebrities and otherwise, who have been stepping up to help out during this time of chaos. Here are just a few. There are so, so many more.
- Christian Siriano and team for making masks/PPE for those on the front lines.
- Jon Bon Jovi and team for continuing to feed the hungry.
- Yellowhammer Brewing and Star Market for stepping up locally to make hand sanitizer.
- Huntsville locals who are stepping up to make face shields.
- Blogger Melisa Wells, who has collected a list of things you can learn, places you can virtually visit, things you can read and watch and participate in for free during the quarantine, and updates it daily.
I did manage to finish Tiger King. Have you been watching? It’s incredible, and not in a good way. It’s a documentary that is actually more bizarre and over the top than any “rockumentary” I’ve seen, and I still couldn’t describe this show if my life depended on it. This is pretty much it, but there is so, so, so much more…
How have YOU been holding up amid the pandemic? Are you getting any cleaning and/or projects out of the way if you’ve been able to stay home? If you’re still out working, my heart goes out to you. Thank you for all that you do!