I am sorry if my absence and radio silence sparked some concern for me, especially as I was all set to show up here more often and with content other than music memes. But sadly, stress just shuts me completely down. The whole world went to hell in a handbasket pretty quick with the rapid spread of Covid-19. In truth, I was already dealing with a lot of stress and anxiety before that.
But probably not till Tuesday. I went out of town to visit family over the weekend, and it took literally forever and a day to take care of everything I needed to do beforehand, and I STILL almost never made it out of my home to make the trip. Still really, annoyingly stopped up, and nothing was helping. So many annoying little things were not going right the first time, running smoothly once happening, and I forgot some important paperwork. I was on the verge of canceling my entire trip because getting going was just overwhelming.
But I’m glad I went, because it was a lovely trip and it’s important for me to be able to visit my family as often as I can.
I got home and both of my sites were gone. I took care of that. Now it’s midnight, and I am done just like this day. I can’t think. I’ll be back at work tomorrow, and hopefully my mind and attitude will be more settled.
And what a summer it was! Now that it’s officially coming to a close in a few days, I feel like I can finally look back and reflect a bit.
It was quite challenging. I’ve taken some punches, and regrettably didn’t roll so well with all of them. But here I am, still hanging in there, and as a result of this summer, I am now a truly changed woman. And since we live in a TL;DR world these days, I’m laying it out here in bullet form.
- Worked multiple 10+ day stretches at work.
- Left purse in parking lot at work – thankfully had purse returned with all contents intact, including a substantial (to me) amount of cash.
- After the twelfth day of a twelve day stretch, I headed to Mississippi for a much-needed weekend getaway. The Subaru’s transmission blew – AGAIN – right outside Tupelo MS. In other words, halfway between home and my destination. This resulted in a $565 tow bill back to Huntsville to have the transmission repaired under warranty, as I had just gotten the car back a month prior after having had the transmission replaced on my own dime.
- Both sons also had expensive car repairs to deal with.
- The last of my immediate Miller relatives, my Dad’s sister Sarah, passed away.
- It’s been quite a challenge getting her estate settled, but I am close.
- I now own property in Memphis, TN.
- Got sick as a dog – two trips to Urgent Care, two missed days of work, and literally weeks to get completely over. But I did find out that I’ve lost 15 pounds since my last visit in February. I’m trying to keep the weight loss going.
- Had to spend until July in the Beetle with no AC. I sure am glad I kept that car as a backup, though!
- After I got the Subaru back, I immediately sold it to Carmax and bought a Honda Crosstour I’ve named Pearl. Isn’t she pretty?
- I financed a car for the first time in almost 24 years, joined a credit union, and began repairing my credit score. Adulting achievement unlocked!
- I’ve been learning a ton about my family (Dad’s side) since inheriting my aunt’s estate.
- Two of my dogs fought. I was the only one at home at the time, so I was the one who had to separate them. I did, but not before enough damage to require an emergency vet visit occurred. I’m just so glad the smaller one didn’t die.
- Actually made it out to a concert with amazing friends before the summer ended.
In bullet form, it doesn’t seem like much happened. But for just about every item on the list, there was expense and/or emotional turmoil to go along with it, and tons of other situations spinning off from them. I’m so thankful for the good things that happened, though, and for getting to spend more time with family. That really puts things in perspective. I am so ready to wind down this fall, and I hope I’ll be able to do that.
What have you been up to this summer?