(NaBloPoMo Day 1)
It’s the first Music Monday of November, my first NaBloPoMo post (see my post about NaBloPoMo here.), and since this is a freebie week for Monday’s Music Moves Me, I thought I’d post a small playlist of first songs released by some bands I love. Keep in mind that these are not necessarily their first commercially successful singles, though.
R.E.M. – “Gardening At Night”
Thirty Seconds To Mars – “Capricorn (A Brand New Name)”
The Black Crowes – “Jealous Again”
Nine Inch Nails – “Down In It”
Alice In Chains – “We Die Young”
What are YOU listening to this first weekend in November?
Featured image courtesy ponce_photography on Pixabay
I know, I know. I’m getting entirely too creative with post titles, right? Sometimes I think about NOT titling them, and just typing my first sentence into the title bar. I know you need something intriguing enough to inspire someone to read your post, but I can’t tell that titles have actually helped me all that much.
So here we are on the Thursday of a kind of long and kind of stressful week, and surprise! I have another post that will do double duty, as I’d like to throw in a selection for Mary’s Rocktober Music Fest. But first, Writer’s Workshop. Since I’m kind of stress overloaded, I opted to play Halloween This Or That Tag for Mama Kat’s Pretty Much World Famous Writer’s Workshop.
She has a YouTube vid to go with hers, but I’m not set up for YouTube, so I’m just answering the questions:
- Chocolate candy or fruity? Depends on my mood, but probably chocolate
- Witches of Vampires? Witches
- Trick or Treat? Treat, please.
- Halloween Party or Scary Movie? Scary movie
- Skeletons or Zombies? Skeletons
- Trick-or-Treat or Hand Out Candy? Hand out candy
- Hay Ride or Corn Maze? Hay ride
- Scary Costume or Funny Costume? Scary
- Pumpkin Seeds or Pumpkin Pie? Pie. Always pie.
- Bottle Feed A Baby Zombie or Walk Alone Through A Dark Forest? Walk alone through a dark forest
- Bats or Black Cats? Both are adorable.
- Pumpkin Spice or hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate
- Celebrate in your neighborhood or at the mall? Either/or. My kids and I have done both.
Now, for today’s RMF music:
Nine Inch Nails covering Joy Division‘s “Dead Souls”. An amazing cover, from one of my favorite movies (The Crow). I still listen to this soundtrack regularly, and in my humble opinion, it’s one of the best movie soundtracks ever recorded. I still love mine after 25 years! But I am biased; I love this kind of music.
What is YOUR favorite movie soundtrack, if you have one? What is YOUR Halloween This or That?