Writer’s Workshop and #RMF2019 for 10.24.2019

I know, I know. I’m getting entirely too creative with post titles, right? Sometimes I think about NOT titling them, and just typing my first sentence into the title bar. I know you need something intriguing enough to inspire someone to read your post, but I can’t tell that titles have actually helped me all that much.

I digress.

So here we are on the Thursday of a kind of long and kind of stressful week, and surprise! I have another post that will do double duty, as I’d like to throw in a selection for Mary’s Rocktober Music Fest. But first, Writer’s Workshop. Since I’m kind of stress overloaded, I opted to play Halloween This Or That Tag for Mama Kat’s Pretty Much World Famous Writer’s Workshop.

She has a YouTube vid to go with hers, but I’m not set up for YouTube, so I’m just answering the questions:

1. Chocolate candy or fruity? Depends on my mood, but probably chocolate
  2. Witches of Vampires? Witches
  3. Trick or Treat? Treat, please.
  4. Halloween Party or Scary Movie? Scary movie
  5. Skeletons or Zombies? Skeletons
  6. Trick-or-Treat or Hand Out Candy? Hand out candy
  7. Hay Ride or Corn Maze? Hay ride
  8. Scary Costume or Funny Costume? Scary
  9. Pumpkin Seeds or Pumpkin Pie? Pie. Always pie.
  10. Bottle Feed A Baby Zombie or Walk Alone Through A Dark Forest? Walk alone through a dark forest
  11. Bats or Black Cats? Both are adorable.
  12. Pumpkin Spice or hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate
  13. Celebrate in your neighborhood or at the mall? Either/or. My kids and I have done both.

Now, for today’s RMF music:

Nine Inch Nails covering Joy Division‘s “Dead Souls”. An amazing cover, from one of my favorite movies (The Crow). I still listen to this soundtrack regularly, and in my humble opinion, it’s one of the best movie soundtracks ever recorded. I still love mine after 25 years! But I am biased; I love this kind of music.

What is YOUR favorite movie soundtrack, if you have one? What is YOUR Halloween This or That?

I actually quite enjoyed the first minute or so of the song. Just sort of a groove that I got into. The rest of the song was pretty good, although not my style. Good pick!

Mary and I are Halloween heretics. We don’t do anything to celebrate…

I don’t do much to celebrate, either, though there was trick or treating when my boys were little. And we live on a busy road, so no trick or treaters out here. But I’ll always do scary movie marathons!

2. Tiffany says:

Oh wow! Do I have to pick just ONE soundtrack?? My favoritest of all soundtracks is actually Moulin Rouge. Growing up it was the 80’s Annie on vinyl, and then it was Oliver and Company, but I saw Moulin Rouge fresh out of High School and it has been my FAVORITE soundtrack to sing along to even (almost 20) years later. The Crow is up there though, and NIN is a “seasonal” favorite; they just seem to sound better in the late fall/early winter months.

Nope, more than one favorite soundtrack is fine! I have more than one myself, but it all depends on what I’m in the mood for. Can you believe I actually haven’t ever seen any live musicals? I did want to see Jesus Christ Superstar and American Idiot, but never got around to it.

I’m not a chocoholic (really), but I will always lean into chocolate over most things. I’m really more of a caramel fan, but those weren’t the options.

I was going to say the same thing, but then I read through my comments, and I have our answer thanks to Liz (whose comment is below yours….

People who don’t like pumpkin or pie would choose seeds!

3. Patty says:

The Crow. Absolutely one of my fav movies and ditto on the soundtrack. I was just listening to “Big Empty” by Stone Temple Pilots!

As far as your answers to the tag questions, will agree on all except…11 and 12. Bats? Really? And…come on now…no Pumpkin Spice?? It’s pumpkin-everything season!!

LOL, I never said I wasn’t a total weirdo. I actually enjoy a pumpkin spice latte every now and then (haven’t had one yet this season, though), it’s just not one of my favorite flavors. I do find bats adorable, as well as black cats. I especially love that they eat our mosquitoes, which will live well into autumn here, where it’s warm enough today that I had the home AC on for a bit to cool off.

Sigh. I do love The Crow. And the soundtrack. I think every song on it is really good, and really fits the movie. I know that’s the idea, but I don’t get that from all soundtracks.