(NaBloPoMo Day 14)
This week, the prompt I chose for Mama Kat’s Pretty Much World Famous Writer’s Workshop was “If you could purchase a vacation home anywhere in your state, where would you choose?”
Well…since I’m limited to my state (Alabama), I’m choosing to purchase a vacation home on Dauphin Island for a variety of reasons:
- I’ve always wanted to live near the ocean.
- I’ve always wanted to live on an island.
- This island is not only beachy, but wooded!
- The population is less than 2,000.
- Although I’ve never actually vacationed here, the small coastal Alabama towns seemed so charming in Hart of Dixie.
- It’s only two and a half hours from New Orleans, one of my favorite cities!
- The freshest seafood. I’m not much of a seafood eater, but Crab Rangoon is my food soulmate, and I bet it tastes even better in a coastal town!
- MUSIC!!! The Hangout Music Fest is held in nearby Gulf Shores, only a half hour away. It’s only two and a half hours from New Orleans’ Voodoo Music + Arts Experience. Panama City Beach’s Gulf Coast Jam is a little over three hours away.
- My family and friends are still within a day’s drive of me; the ones I visit most being in the Memphis, TN area and the Atlanta area.
My only question is, does this have to be my vacation home? Because I want to move there for real! And this is the perfect place for me.